Every patient requires a referral from his or her physician. If you think that your child may have a heart problem, bring this to the attention of your child’s pediatrician, family physician or other primary care provider. That doctor is the best person to decide whether a pediatric cardiology consultation will be helpful for your child and, if so, will make the referral.
What to expect?
If this is your first visit, there are a few things to know.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the appointment time in order to finalize all necessary paperwork.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, call our number beforehand at (315) 214-7700 or our toll free number (877) 404-5868 and we will reschedule the appointment for the next available time.
- If you miss the appointment without calling the office beforehand we will not be able to make a new appointment until your physician makes the referral again.
- Every patient visit includes having a height, weight, blood pressure and electrocardiogram (ECG). The pediatric cardiologist may also recommend that an ultrasound of the heart (echocardiogram) be performed. For your convenience we always try to perform the echo during that visit, rather than schedule it for another day. If an echocardiogram is performed, expect the entire office evaluation to take 2-3 hours.
- We cannot validate parking tickets.
- Bring the following to every visit:
- A completed New Patient Form. This will speed up the intake process on the day of the visit. If you are unable to print the form, one can be provided before your appointment
- All current insurance cards. In accordance with your insurance policy, the co-payment must be paid at the time of your appointment.
- All of the patient’s medications.